think of the roller coaster that has been the early church just in the past chapter and a half:
– a man and his wife have lied to the church and were struck dead in front of many witnesses.
– people have been healed and signs and wonders have been performed.
– the apostles have been arrested, then freed by an angel of the Lord.
– the apostles were beaten for preaching the gospel.
– a complaint has risen in the church and been dealt with.
despite all of this, the word of God continues to grow. not because the apostles are great, or because the church has good leadership, but because God is faithful. faithful to himself that his name would be glorified, and faithful to the apostles on what he said in matthew 28:20 “and behold i am with you always, to the end of the age.”
God is still faithful today. our lives may feel like roller coasters at times, and the world can certainly feel like a roller coaster, but we continue to walk in faith and obedience because he is still increasing his word, and he is still saving.
o God, help us see your move in our lives today!